Ndilisa Didiza, CEO, Kgothatso Innovations
My name is Ndilisa Didiza and I run an innovative GIS consulting company called Kgothatso Innovations. Our clients usually have 2 main questions they ask
1) What is GIS? and
2) How can it help my business, in other words what can GIS do for me??
If you are involved in business, everything that happens in it has a where, a place where either, transactions take place or projects are being undertaken. Something happened, is happening or is soon to happen at a location which affects your business. GIS is a technology that assists you to gain insight on the location in question, such as factors affecting the surrounding areas. As an aid to decision making, our clients have successfully used it as follows.
- Environmental companies use GIS technology to map & Analyse the area in question and support their reports such as in Environmental Impact Assessments
- Law Firms may require historical Mapping Analysis, Incident Scene Analysis, to help strengthen their argument and give insight to the judge or judges presiding the case
- Accounting & Auditing may require Asset Mapping & Registration to help identify and accurately value their client’s assets and improve transparency in giving an organisation’s true financial standing
- FMCG companies may use it to map and track their assets be it in conducting deliveries, setting up installations, etc.
- Engineering companies require GIS to build transport modelling and traffic monitoring solutions, also to map project areas and keep a thumb on project developments
- Surveyors and survey companies require GIS for setting up of Ground Control Points (ground truthing), and site mapping
These are only a few examples of the many uses that GIS technology can and is providing to all elements of private & public sector activity. The reality is GIS technology comes at a prohibitively high cost which has made access to its value limited only to big business. I should rather say, access was only limited to big business, until now. Our whole aim as a company is to allow you to have access to high quality GIS, at a fraction of the cost. Come and talk to us, we are ready to assist you in unlocking hidden value in your business.