All our workshops use open source software and simple, standard methods that have stood the test of time. They can be implemented without spending anything on licensing, subscriptions, or per-user fees. Many of the concepts we teach can be applied to commercial software as the open source ecosystem is just as powerful and easy to use, especially for multi-user geospatial applications.
GIS Literacy Workshop
The need for spatially literate professionals is growing as the role of geography and spatial perspectives in government and the private sector increases.
Decision makers must be able to:
- Assess the quality of spatial data, i.e. accuracy, reliability
- Use spatial reasoning as a way of thinking to build, articulate, and defend a line of reasoning in problem solving
- Evaluate the validity of explanation based on spatial information
This course is intended for decision makers in all levels of the organisation from mid to executive who would rely on GIS to gain insight into spatial problems that affect their operation thereby improving their decision making through limiting ambiguity.
What is the goal of the training?
- Improve your understanding of key spatial concepts, to assist you in gaining in advanced spatial thinking skills.
- Assess the quality of spatial data, i.e. accuracy and reliability; and use spatial reasoning as a way of thinking, in order to build articulate and defend a line of reasoning in problem solving.
After the training, you will be able to:
- Recognise, describe and predict pattern such as population distribution and be able to connect relationships.
- Understand spatial vocabulary in combination with visual representations such as maps, graphs and diagrams.
- Evaluate the validity of explanation that are based on spatial information.
Register for Our Training